London, Food and Travel with an Alternative Twist!

John Lewis Partnership Hotel, Ambleside.

When arriving at the John Lewis Partnership Hotel, Ambleside in the Lake District we were overwhelmed with how lovely the hotel was!  With stunning views over the lake and a huge stone-built house.

7715671304_79cef2b5d9_z

Ambleside Park’s position at the northern tip of Windermere makes it an ideal base from which to explore the Lake District, we would go out for hours walking, getting lost in the stunning surrounding areas. The staff could not help enough, giving us ideas on how to spend our days so if you’re looking for paths, tracks or even non-walking related ways to spend your time there, don’t be afraid to ask. We spent a full day at various Beatrix Potter museums and exhibits and being brought up on her stories it was great to see the original drawings, rooms events in the books happened in and find out more about her life.

In the local town, there are plenty of shops and a few pubs, that offer both local and national beers at very reasonable prices. There are also many historic houses to spend the day wandering around if walking isn’t for you, or the weather takes a turn for the worst.

Visitors to Ambleside Park can also gain entry to the Health Club at a local hotel for a small fee. We did this but found it really quite busy despite it being midweek and filled with children which wasn’t to our taste as we had hoped to just relax after a long day walking.

The food within the hotel was great, as the food always is at John Lewis hotels. Each night we were there, 3 in total, we had different menus to chose from.

Evenings after dinner were spent with a glass of wine and a game of Scrabble. There are plenty of board games to choose from.

On site there is also a hostel; this is self-catering accommodation is suitable for families and is cheaper than the hotel. There are three rooms, each sleeping up to four people in bunk bed. You also have access to a shared kitchen, dining room, bathroom and laundry facilities. With this package you are not able to dine in the main building.

PLEASE NOTE: This hotel is only open to John Lewis Partners and their guests. If you are looking to book, please do so through the Partner Choice website or on an internal PC.

Share:
9 comments so far.

9 responses to “John Lewis Partnership Hotel, Ambleside.”

1. George Cockwill B.E.M says:

I would like know if there date free in July , August , I am a retired partner would like week but between four and seven day would be fine it would be for myself and wife one room. If possible a ground floor room, I wait to hear from you George cockwill B.E.M.

• George Cockwill B.E.M says:

I am try to get a booking about partners hotel, and i do not seem to be able to get though, i am a retired partner so please could you email back and let me know what i am doing wrong, or what i got to do to change my my password sorry to be a pain about this i wait to hear from you on my email thankyou

• SquibbVicious says:

Hi George,
        This isn’t where you can book the Partnership hotels, this is a blog run by an old partner that once visited this hotel. You will need to contact the Partnership for help with booking and your password.
        Thanks.

2. maria gessner says:

I am a retired partner and would like to spend 1 week next May 2018. Could you please let me know the price for Bed and Breakfast, dinner? I also would like to know the price for a guest. this would be 2 single rooms, 1 Partner, one guest.

thank you.

• SquibbVicious says:

Hi Maria,
      This isn’t where you can book the Partnership hotels, this is a blog run by an old partner that once visited this hotel. You will need to contact the Partnership for help with booking.
      Thanks.

3. Julie Silverwood says:

Currently on holiday in Ambleside and came for lunch to the hotel on tuesday which was perfect. We booked in for a meal tonight at 7pm, however when we arrived they could not find our booking, to say we were disappointed is an under statement as we would love to book to stay at the hotel in the future. To be fair the lady that we spoke to was very apologetic but as the restaurant was fully booked she wasn’t able to offer us an alternative.

4. Andrea says:

Were is the spa at please

5. SquibbVicious says:

Hi Andrea,
    I’m sorry I can’t help with that as I haven’t visited Ambleside since 2013 as this isn’t the official website. I’m an ex partner that visited when in service and wrote about it. Please contact the hotel directly.
    Thanks